Voter List 2019:
The Voter list or Electoral roll is an authenticated record which is published by the Election Commission of India through the State’s and Union Territories CEO portals. This official record decides whether you are eligible to vote or not. It’s the responsibility of every Indian Citizen who is having Voter id to check the voter id holders name before the election. Earlier people used to visit the ERO offices to check their name in the voter list but the Election Commission of India now providing the online facility to check and confirm the vote online via State CEO portals, NVSP portal and Union Territory portal.
How to Search Name in Voter list, How to Download Electoral Roll PDF, How to Track Voter id Application Status & How to Find Assembly Constituency Explained on YouTube:Sponsored Links
Voter Id search by name:
Earlier to check the name in the voter list or electoral roll one has to visit the ERO office. But the Election Commission of India is providing an online facility to check the name in the voter list through the NVSP portal, States and Union territories CEO portals. You can search your name in the voter list by using your name or by using the EPIC number.
- Visit the NVSP portal or your State’s CEO portal or your Union Territories CEO portal.
- Select the Search your Name in Electoral roll option from the main menu.
- Search Electoral roll online window will be displayed.
- Select your District.
- Select Search by Name option.
- Now enter your name, Father Name, gender, age etc.
- Enter the Captcha code and click the search button.
- A window will be displayed with your Voter id search details.
Check Voter Id by Name – https://www.nvsp.in/Sponsored Links
How to Search Your Name in Electoral Roll Online?
To search your name in the electoral roll you can use this wonderful online facility. The only thing you need is to remember the name of the voter for whom you want to search in the electoral roll or the EPIC number of the voter.
- Visit the NVSP Portal.
- Select Search your name in electoral roll.
- You can search your name in two ways one is by using your EPIC number and the other one is by name.
- Choose the option according to your convenience.
- For example, if you choose name or search by details option then.
- Enter your name, age or date of birth.
- Select your State, District and Assembly Constituency.
- Now enter the captcha text and click on the search button.
- For example, if you choose to search by EPIC number option then.
- Enter the EPIC number, select your State and enter the captcha text to click on the search button.
Search name in electoral roll online – https://www.nvsp.in/Sponsored Links
A voters list, which is also referred to as the electoral roll, is a comprehensively-compiled list that bears all the names and details of voters in a specific constituency. The Election Commission of India releases it to the public periodically for scrutiny.
On the electoral roll, you can cross check to find out whether you are registered to vote in a forthcoming election. You should ensure to do this at least more than 10 days prior to the election so that any necessary changes can be made because after that no alterations can be allowed.
There are many reasons that necessitate checking your name in the voters’ list. One is to ensure that all your personal details were correctly entered. The other is to ensure that you are actually entered in the voters’ roll. This is because mistakes happen and you might have been omitted and this would deny you the chance to vote since the law requires one to be a registered voter before they can be allowed to exercise their democratic right and duty.Sponsored Links
Checking whether you are on the electoral roll or not can be done manually where you present yourself to your local ECI offices and you go through a manual register. To conduct an offline search you will be required to present any document that can prove your identities such as a passport or a driver’s license. However, the most preferred document is your electoral ID card.
The other method of checking your name in the voter’s list is by using online tools. This is considered the easier, faster and more convenient method.
How to check your name on the voter list online:
Below are steps you need to take online to verify your existence on the voter list:
- Log on to the website http://eci.nic.in/eci_main1/Linkto_electo_search.aspx. On the website, you will come across weblinks to voter lists. These electoral rolls are in a PDF format.
- Find the link of the state where you are a resident or the state where you have registered as a voter. Click on this link.
- After performing the above step a new tab will open giving you the choice of either searching by voter ID card or by your name.
- In the event that you have the elector ID card with you opt to search by voter card. Otherwise, opt to search using your name.
- What will appear are new fields where you will be required to enter such details as your name and district.
- Once you have entered your details proceed to click on the search button. Your name should appear as a search result but if it doesn’t then it means either you entered some or all personal details incorrectly or you are missing on the voter list.
What to do in case of omissions or mistakes:
Should your personal details be incorrectly entered ensure the corrections are done prior to the forthcoming elections. For this, you will need to fill Form 8 before submitting it to your state’s Chief Electoral Officer.
In the event that your name is missing on the voter list, you will be required to fill Form 6 and submit it to your state’s Chief Electoral Officer.